Sunday, March 18, 2007



Hello Weird & Wonderful Folk! =D Haha.Today, I have another story to tell. =) Read on!


My cousin brother throws me a sly look and I look at him quizzically. I squeezed the brakes and
halted right behind him on my bike.

"What?" I said. Denielle (my other cousin) replied abruptly: "Race lah!"

"Race?"

"We challenge each other."

"Oh." I quickly position myself in between them, and my cousin shouts: "Three, two... one!!"

We took off in a whiz and cycled fast and speedily down the lane. In the end, I triumphed in getting second place. =P My legs were tired and weary already. Still, they wanted to cycle higher up the hill without any rest. So I pressed on. Huffing and puffing along. Even though I didn't feel... OK.

When we finally reached home, I thought I felt kinda... dizzy. I got off from the bike and wobbled abit. My heart was beating furiously. "I think I feel like vomiting," I told my cousin. And then I saw spots. White spots. Oh no... I quickly leaned against the gate and breathed in slowly. Lack of oxygen, must be. For a moment, I thought I would have blacked out. I felt awfully sick in the stomach, and how I wished I didn't take up that silly dare and raced with my cousins when I wasn't READY.

Sometimes, we can be too ambitious. We try to do big things, but we fail. You know why? Just like in my story: we don't have enough oxygen! And that's similar to GOD'S WORD, for us. Many times, we try doing great things, but we won't succeed if we're not ready. And to be ready, we NEED to prepare our hearts & minds with the Word of God! We may seem OK on the outside, but on the inside, we're weak and wobbly in our faith. So its best to be built up in God's Word and to be READY, than to shake and tremble in fear when the enemy attacks. (Get what I mean?)

Without GOD, whatever we do and plan to do, would be done in vain. Then we'll feel sick. But when we commit our plans to GOD, He will guide us and lead our way!

Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways and He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 16:3 ~ Commit your works to the Lord, and He will establish your thoughts.

Proverbs 19:21 ~ There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand.

God is good! You do YOUR part, and He'll do HIS. =)
Janielle Beh

No comments:

The Visitors