Sunday, July 13, 2008

God’s Masterpiece

Today in youth church, Cmdr Terence shared about God’s Greatness. It reminded me of the awesomeness I felt while reading “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” by Dr. Paul Brand and Phillip Yancey. It’s one incredible book about the amazing human body which is so intricately woven by God our Chief Designer. Reading every few pages, I would say aloud, “Oh wow, God, You are such an AMAZING God!”

The next few paragraphs include some of the snippets Cmdr Terence enlightened us with that I am thrilled to share with you!

Did you know scientists discovered that all the cells in our bodies are held together by God’s super glue called Laminin proteins? And that’s not the best part – each strand of Laminin that glues us in one piece is in fact in a shape of a CROSS! WOW, truly, we are fearfully and wonderfully made in God!

There are approximately 100,000,000,000,000 cells in my body. (Haha, I purposefully typed out the number for more effect. :P) If you were to count one cell per second, it will take 3,000 years to count all 100 trillion cells! It’s crazy but true! Even if a human could live 3,000 years to count, so what? Our bodies are
always generating new cells each day. It’s impossible to count every cell exactly.

Here’s a quote from Fearfully and Wonderfully Made:

“Men go abroad to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the vast compass of the ocean, and the circular motion of the stars; and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.” – Saint Augustine.

Isn’t it true? So many times we wonder at nature and its never-ending beauty. But how many times are we awestruck by the intricateness of OUR bodies? And I’m not talking about admiring the outside, but also the inside – where our faithful cells work 24/7 to keep us going. There’s so much I’ve learned from Dr. Brand’s book that also ties in with Cmdr Terence’s message today. It would
take several pages if I were to literally write my heart out!

Today, I walked out of youth church feeling awed. At the same time, I suddenly felt quite small. God is so big; he is not bound by time and space. To us, eternity is unfathomable; i
t sounds like mere fantasy. But it’s not. We should wake up each morning remembering that life is not all there is here. We aren’t gonna’ live and die and vanish into nothingness. God is alive in us if we choose to be alive in Him!

We may be small, but we have a big God! So no matter how insignificant you feel, fear not; if you allow God to fill you, you will always be the majority because God will make Himself known through you. My dad once said, “As long as God nods His head in approval, it doesn’t matter even if the whole world is against you!”

You are God’s masterpiece,
Not any ragtag doll
You are God’s designer creation,
Both alive and well!


(Oh hey, were those four lines considered poetry? I never write poetry; I can’t believe I whipped that up in less than 5 minutes! Haha!)

Live in awe of God because you are His designer creation – not your own or anyone else’s!

No comments:

The Visitors