Monday, October 24, 2011

Choosing to Believe

It's hard to believe it God sometimes. But then again, if you think about it, it really is harder to NOT believe in God.

Each new day, I need to choose anew.

When I see more crap in the world, I doubt God. I ask all those stupid, pointless 'why' questions again. But then God reminds me, 'in quietness and trust', to continue to trust in spite of all the terrible things that seem to be happening. Not so much to me, mind you, but to other people.

Doubt is good if you RUN TO GOD with your doubts. Then you'll realize what pointless doubts they are. And your faith gets renewed when you CHOOSE to believe, and to KEEP BELIEVING.

How many people have stopped believing just because they chose not to run to God with their questions?

Nothing in this world will give you the answer. Even when I run to God, I still have no answers. But I receive a new measure of faith, and peace and assurance that helps me ride through the next bout of doubt. That's the walk of a follower of Christ. Not one of unbelief, but one of choosing again and again to believe in spite of the doubts that hit you.

No comments:

The Visitors