Sunday, October 2, 2011

Faith

by Janielle Beh on Monday, August 29, 2011 at 11:44am
If my faith in Jesus is the crux of my life and the essence of my existence, then it should define who I am and what I do.

Let not my faith be determined by mere emotions, fleeting and capricious.
Let not my faith be dictated by what other people say, think or do.
Let not my faith be based on the shifty, intellectual reasonings and arguments of merely intellectual men.

Let not my faith be swayed by my selfish, shortsighted dreams and plans.
Let not my faith be governed by the petty laws of this world.
Let not my faith be regulated by the expectations of men.

Let not my faith be founded on the opinions and half-truths of this generation.
Let not my faith be restrained by the troubles of this world.
Let not my faith be limited by my doubts, fears and failures.

Let me not forsake my faith for the fleeting, tangible things the majority pursues.
Let me not forsake my faith because of the criticism and derision of mere men.
Let me not forsake my faith for the momentary pleasures of this crumbling society.
Let me not forsake my faith to gain the ungainly, worthless approval of man.

Let me not forsake my faith to pursue my selfish dreams!
Let me not forsake my faith to chase after the wind.
Let me not forsake my faith to attain shortlived success.
Let me not forsake my faith for the recognition of this passing world.

Let me not forsake my faith for a false gospel.
Let me not forsake my faith because of the need to conform.
Let me not forsake my faith to indulge in the evil intent of my heart.
Let me not forsake my faith to live the way I want.

It begins with today. It begins with a choice.

~ j a n i e ll e

No comments:

The Visitors