Friday, June 28, 2013

Kindred Souls

I love it when I meet people of the like heart and mind. It is a priceless moment. It is like seeing another lighthouse shining brightly amidst the cold, black fog all around me. And I thank God with all my heart for allowing me to cross paths with such individuals. It is a blessing beyond measure. To have a friend you can trust, a friend you can be honest with. To find a man or woman of integrity, of wit and heart. To meet someone who values people, who loves learning, who appreciates life. Man, it’s a one in a million chance.

And I am so thankful to be able to say in all my nineteen years, I have found a few precious handful of such one-in-a-million individuals. Kindred souls. Ah, kindred souls! I can name less than five, I daresay. But the smaller the handful, the more precious and the more amazing it is for me to be given the chance to meet them on the intersection of life. Ahh. There are no words to describe the joy in my heart when I know that I’m not alone.

You see, the kind of person that you are will always attract the same kind. So what kind of a friend are you? What kind of a character are you? What kind of people do you surround yourself with?
My dad always tells me, ‘You cannot soar like an eagle if you hang around turkeys for too long.’ Not that there’s anything wrong with turkeys. It’s just that you might miss out on soaring, and rising above the mediocre. And tell me, who wants to miss out on that?

~ j a n i e ll e

1 comment:

Luxe Neo 120 Bidet Seat said...

Thank u so much for posting :)

The Visitors