Monday, December 18, 2006

Hello my YOUTHFUL FRIENDS!!


Phew, just recovering from GY CAMP 2006!! WooHoooo!!! It was simply FANTASTIC i can tell you!! Though it was pretty tiring... I slept till 1 o' clock today! Came back from Bayu Beach Resort on Saturday... i came back home, bathed, and went out again! Gosh, to know that the rest of you would be in bed sleeping after having to sleep late and rise EARLY during camp! Haha... Oh well, to sum it all up easily, i think i'll just describe the "highlights" of GY CAMP 2006 yeah... So read on!


1st Day:

We all settled into our apartments. Each apartment hosted 6 people. I stayed with my 3 cousins: Denielle, Abigail, and Ashley. And also, the other 2 girls: Kristen and her friend Carmen. After the briefing and lunch, we all went to the beach to play games. [uh, i don't wish to tell you every single detail about the camp, it'll be FAR TOO TIRESOME. HAHA!!] The camp started off at night, when we had our very 1st NIGHT RALLY. I tell you, the best parts about Youth Camps are always [without fail], the Praise & Worship sessions! Haha... So... We shall go on to the:

2nd Day:

For most of us, we woke up at an [early hour] of 6.30am!! I did the morning group devotion for my beloved group: MAT PANC[H]ING!! Haha, I was assistant leader la... our group leader was Jonathan Chandra. So well, after that, we started off with P & W again... and then went on to the L.I.F.E Workshop. I bet we all had an enjoyable time, as my Dad, talked about Leadership. Well, one thing is, I don't hope to relive what happened during the camp, if you really want to know, i can tell you in person! Haha, its so much more exciting! =) OK, so i shall continue. After lunch, once again, we all headed for the beach. TO PLAY THE ULTIMATE:

HYDRO WAR GAME!!! Haha, i have to admit, i wasn't expecting to have an extremely, ULTIMATELY, FUN time actually. You see, in the year before, i had a pretty [bad] experince in Hydro War. Haha, my life [paper stapled to wire in a rectangular shape] was TORN even before i managed to shoot anyone!! The flimsy paper tore, due to the slight drizzle of rain before we started the game. Sighs. Sad. That was last year. For ME. But THIS YEAR!! Wahh.. I didn't care already lah... I just ran here and there, practically shooting everyone. Some of them came up to me and said: [something like this] "Why did you shoot us? We are allies!!" But i didn't care lah, after all, Jon didn't tell us who were we ally-ing with! Haha, so, i had a FUN time this year!! Good thing!! Haha. So then, later on, we had dinner, and we went for Praise & Worship in one of the "ballrooms". Ps. Ronald Ooi also shared about Identity that night. And oh yes, one thing, most of the youths had a bad case of sneezing and coughing throughout the camp. Due to the "dusty" CARPET!! Haha, i'll tell you about that if you really want to know any further. Thank God, I wasn't even a bit allergic to dust!! =)

3rd Day:

After group devotion, once again, we went on for P & W. For the L.I.F.E Workshop, Hwai Tah prepared for the subject of EVANGELISM. It was really good. We talked about the Parable of the Sower in the Bible. Then, we went on to our separate age groups of 12-15 years and 16 and above. Yet another L.I.F.E Workshop. I heard that the 16 years and above went into a disccusion of ABORTION. Something like that. I haven't interviewed anyone yet. While the 12-15 year olds had a discussion of self grooming and blah blah blahs. Later on, each group presented their own SKIT. Each based on one commandment taken out from The Ten Commandments in Exodus 20. Haha, my goodness!! We're all such talented people!! Haha, get what i mean? Unless, you're not talented or something, which is rather RARE. =)

Last night PRAISE & WORSHIP was crazy!! Haha, as usual... We sang and danced and jumped untill about 1.00am. Haha, crazy us. But it was good... So thank God.

Last Day:

Pack up. Breakfast. Awards & Photo shoot. AWARDS!! I shall only state the first FIVES lah... So, 5th: Baracudas
4th: MAT PANCING!! Wah... not bad, not bad, out of 16 groups you know!! =)
3rd: Kalahari Calamari
2nd: The MOST UNEXPECTED!! The W.O.R.M =P
1st: Desesperado Para Dios!! [hope i spelled it correctly!] Well, due to their "HUGE" efforts, they won. Which was worth it lah.. =)

There were other awards, but i lazy to type some more lah... So then we had Tiger Court, and our Farewell time... Hehe, back to HOME! =D




No comments:

The Visitors