Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"I Fear…" (Part 1)

What are your worst fears? Nobody likes to talk about their fears. It runs a chill down your spine when you think of the things you’re afraid of. Everyone likes to appear normal. Besides, who likes to tell people what they’re AFRAID of? I remember my dad saying, “We humans are afraid of so many things!” But isn’t it awfully true?

My mum used to tell me and my sisters (all the time, actually…), “When you’re afraid, call upon the name of JESUS.” Even from young, I’d learn to do just that.

You know sometimes in the night, when you can’t sleep, you start thinking about “creepy stuff”.
I mean when I was younger. Well of course, I wouldn’t be so silly to think there are horrible monsters in the closet or under the bed. =P I think of other things. Probably a recent scary movie I’ve watched would come to my mind. Sometimes I even hide myself under the blanket until I feel so hot and till I’m running out of fresh air! What could I do? Run to my parents’ room? I was far more afraid to even get OUT of my bed! Haha, I know, it’s so funny. I’m very sure the same thing happened to you.

But then, after awhile, I’d remember… or God would just remind me, to call on His name! It just comes. Then I remember, “Hey, I can call on Jesus!” It makes me feel better. But it DOES help! It’s not some type of magic word or something; it’s far more powerful than that. Jesus can help us overcome “it”. What?

FEAR.

We go through it all our lives. FEAR. Each time I’m afraid or worried, I REMEMBER: “Call on the name of JESUS!” And the peace of God will come upon you.

Philippians 4:6-7 ~ "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to GOD. And the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

But the thing is, many times when we’re afraid, we tend to FORGET.

Forget what?

Forget that we can: CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESUS!

To be continued…

No comments:

The Visitors