Thursday, June 28, 2007

I FEAR… (Part 2)

A friend of mine went on a school trip. It was some pointless school trip for prefects. As you probably know, these camps are supposed to TEST YOUR COURAGE. I find it so silly. My friend was telling me that they were to go on a night trek in the jungle at midnight. Its either they stay close, or get lost.

Well, they got lost anyway. And I couldn’t help but feel a bit uneasy when she started telling the creepy part of the story. The part which sums up in one word: FEAR. Nah, I’m not gonna’ waste words telling you the WHOLE story, but yeah, it’s about fear. =)

My friend was terribly afraid. I simply don’t understand why the teachers planned such an unsafe and PERILOUS trip. Anyway, amidst all the storytelling, (but really, she was telling the truth) I finally managed to blurt out what I wanted to ask her all along:

“So did you call on Jesus’ name and pray for protection or not?!”

She’s a Christian, and of course, she’s heard about praying for protection when you’re in danger and calling on God when you’re in trouble. Then I asked:

“But why?! Why didn’t pray and call on God to protect you? Anything could have happened!”

Guess what was her answer?

“Well, I was so scared and anxious to even REMEMBER to pray in Jesus’ name! I forgot about it.”

Aha! Many times, we FORGET that we can call out to God for help. We’re most of the time so hot and bothered to actually remember that amidst all the trouble, GOD CAN HELP! How could my friend have forgotten? I mean, it was her most crucial point, and she forgot her ONLY source of help!

When have you turned to other means of security and help other than God?


Of course, God can send other people to help us, but firstly, we must learn to give God a call! Don’t forget; never forget, my mother’s counsel: “When you’re afraid, just call on the name of JESUS.”

Psalm 37:39-40

The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord;
He is their stronghold in time of trouble.

The Lord helps them and delivers them;
He delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in Him.

No comments:

The Visitors