Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Fear… (Part 6)

Aha, you thought I was done with this right? No, I’ll continue this as long as I can. =) Most of what I write is based on my occasional “random” thoughts or my own experiences. Wow, if I continue to write on this topic, I can go very far. In fact, it’s actually possible that one day I compile all my articles and entries to publish a book! How exciting. I must do it someday. =D

I’m so very glad I’ve found yet another type of fear to write about. It’s the FEAR OF SPEAKING UP. Hmm, so what’s so scary about it? Well, it depends on what you’re speaking up for in the end.

You know, there was once, I couldn’t help it but to speak up.

I was chatting quite happily with my friend one day when she started saying the word “damn” over and over again. She was trying to describe how damn good and how damn nice is this and that. Finally, after I got so fed up with that horrid word which means nothing in the world to me, I told her off: Hey, could you stop – please STOP – saying the word “damn”?

Mind you, I wasn’t screaming at her OK? I was smiling very nicely. In fact, I was quite pleased with myself for saying it. Why, wouldn’t you be embarrassed to say it? Now that’s when the FEAR OF SPEAKING UP comes in!

I still don’t regret I told my friend off. I’m pleased that I said it for a good reason. I’m extremely glad that I spoke up because I knew using the word was wrong. (I’m sure you know it’s not a very good word to use and to simply blurt out all the time.)

We as Christians must learn to speak up for the right causes. Remember, we’re not of the world, we’re of God. It doesn’t make sense for us to try to talk the language of the world because we’ll never be able to (unless we really want to, which is fairly stupid)! Of course, you can give me excuses saying you can’t help it because all your friends say it in school. But if you really have the heart to, you can ask God to help control your very untamable tongue. Of course, if it’s become a habit, it’ll be much harder. But in everything, God can help you if you want Him to. We all have a free will. God won’t force us.

It’s up to you to choose. Either you speak up for God and what you believe in, or you stick around trying to learn the world’s language (which is fairly stupid, like I said. =D).

1 John 5:4-5 ~ For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – your faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

If you are of God, you can surely overcome the world. There are just two ways here: one is to stand victorious on God’s side by speaking up for what is right, or to stand with the world, which will end in ultimate destruction.

1 John 2:17 ~ The world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

God bless your ultimate choice. =)

No comments:

The Visitors