Saturday, July 21, 2007

Janielle Beh's Quote Collection

I just found out that my dad has a quotation dictonary! Some of the quotes here are from there. You will know by the names of the people who said it - all weird weird names. =P I also discovered a burried treasure!!! My dad has a book entitled: The Best Book of INSULTS and PUTDOWNS! (Over 2,000 insults for daily use...) Hahahaha. Simply wonderful. I'll share some good ones with you another time. =D Now, for my first ever quote collection. *teehee*


Don’t pray man’s prayers; pray GOD’S prayers. – John Beh

Everything that happens now will serve its purpose in the future. – Janielle Beh

“Kill me lah! Then I’ll go to heaven, and you’ll go to jail. Hmp!” – Jirene Beh

If you fight people, you can get away with it. But if you fight God, you’ll get into big trouble. – Ps. Henry

Everybody knows they’re going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently. – Morrie Schwartz

If you’re trying to show off to people at the top, forget it – they will only look down on you. And if you’re trying to show off to people at the bottom, forget it – they will only envy you. STATUS WILL GET YOU NOWHERE. ONLY AN OPEN HEART WILL ALLOW YOU TO FLOAT EQUALY WITH EVERYONE. – John Beh

You can worry yourself to death, but you can’t worry yourself to a longer life. – Charles Mayo

A good horse doesn’t eat grass. – Unknown (a Chinese saying…)

Everyone is born an original, but most die a copy. – Ps. Gurmit Singh


If no one else will, no one else will. – Gideon Tan

God owes no man. – Unknown

The best things in life aren’t things. – (I read this in Reader’s Digest!)

If you’re not praying, you’re playing. – Ps. Henry


Eat pig brains and you’ll become smarter. – Unknown (now where did this come from?!!)

Humans are such a weird kind. – Janielle Beh


With great power, comes great responsibility. – Spiderman’s UNCLE (I forgot his name...)

Everyone has a choice. – Spiderman

Don’t look down on yourself; be strong. – Caleb Tan

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. - Dad

Don't give others a bad day just because you're having one. - Janielle Beh

When the devil reminds you of your past, you remind him of his future. – Gabby

I think riding on a broomstick is so cool! – Anonymous (To the person who said this: Aha, don’t think I didn’t hear you say this!)

I think riding on a broomstick is so dumb!! – Janielle Beh (After all, who would want to ride on a broomstick?!!)

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21

GOOD and VAIN photographers take pictures of themselves! – Zlwin Chew

True photographers would rather not take pictures of themselves. – Janielle Beh (mind me if you think this isn’t true enough…)

People are only mean when they are threatened. – Unknown

Be there, or be square! – Shannon Keng (she was the first person I heard it from!)

You can’t play hide and seek with God. – Anonymous

You can’t choose your parents, but you can choose your peers. – John Beh

You do what you do to please God, and not to please man. – Unknown

Where there is fear, there is no faith. – Margaret Idahosa

Idleness is sweet, and its consequences are cruel. – John Quincy Adams

A joy that is shared is a joy made double. – John Ray

Everyone complains of the badness of his memory, but nobody of his judgment. – Duc Francois de La Rochefoucald (Oh gosh, who is this?!)

Man is unjust, but God is just; and finally justice triumphs. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor. – John F. Kennedy


The greatest right in the world is the right to be wrong. – Harry Weinberger (I don’t get this…)

Last of all, I find this the wittiest quote! =D

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone. – Mrs. Patrick Campbell

I’ll have plenty more quotes next time. Its fun to collect quotes! But I must always remember to write it down when I hear one – otherwise I’ll surely forget. If you have a quote of your own, or if you’ve also heard of one which is very distinct and unique, do let me know. =) Thank you! Hahah.

No comments:

The Visitors