Friday, October 19, 2007

The Plump Prefect

“Life is not just about knowing people, it’s about knowing the right people.”

(Fuiyoh, I sound so wise lah… xD Ahahaha.)


I remember when I was in primary school, I used to detest prefects more than teachers! I found them so arrogant and bossy. Sheesh. It seemed as though their main goal in life was to catch all the rascals in school, write down their names, and hand them over to the disciplinary teacher and have them punished accordingly. Yeah, a very highly important job, it seems…

Unfortunately, I was once caught by one of them. Not that I was doing anything naughty, actually. You see, I was playing “tag” with one of my friends (I think her name was Chan-something-something) whose cousin was a prefect. Not that I mattered whether her cousin was a prefect or not actually. But as I was trying to catch her, I noticed that there was a black stain on her nose…

And guess what did I do when I saw it? It was a very foolish thing to do, really.

I LAUGHED. (Okay, laughing wasn’t the bad part. But the thing is, I refused to tell her what I was laughing at. Now that was a foolish thing to do.)

Soon we got into a rash argument, and the next thing I knew was, she reported me to her oh-so-scary prefect cousin. Man, I tell you, I hated that prefect girl! She was extremely plump – a far-too-nice-word to use – and she wore thick, black-rimmed glasses. Oh how I loathed the sight of her! Just because I LAUGHED, and just because I laughed at someone who had a prefect for a cousin, I was unfairly accused with the charge of mistreating another student. And I also got a long lecture from that plump prefect girl.

OK, end of story. I feel too disgusted to continue.

Back to the quote – life is about knowing the right people. Just because her cousin was a prefect, my friend managed to get me into trouble just because of a small matter that wouldn’t have really mattered much if she didn’t know who to complain to. Aha, so now you get my point?

Many people make enemies in life. Some are just unavoidable, though. (That’s an example of knowing the wrong people.) But if you surround yourself with the right company, your life would be much more meaningful.

Proverbs 12:26 says, “The righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray.”


Remember, stick to people who stick to God’s principles – the right principles. But take note that YOU yourself should be the right company to others also la… Haha, I nearly forgot about that. ;)

G’day to you! =D

No comments:

The Visitors