Friday, June 6, 2008

The Flight of the Bumble-Bee



When I watched this video, I had only one word in mind: Brilliant!

This guy, “Maksim” they call him, he’s just so, so brilliant! It’s crazy!

I myself have been working on this piano piece by the Russian composer, Rimsky-Korsakov. I’ve been practicing. But after all the hours of practice, I’ve still only covered and memorized the FIRST page! And even so, I am still unsatisfied with myself because it’s not fast and smooth and versatile and... and… Argh, it’s just not good enough! Haha, so when I watched the video, I couldn’t help but wonder how long he had to practice before people would pay him to perform like this.

You wouldn’t have thought that it’s actually humanly possible for his fingers to move so maddeningly fast, but it’s true! He’s just so freaking good; his fingers are so versatile. It freaks me out just to watch him play. It freaks me out because that means I’ll have to practice more!!! xD

I wonder if it’ll ever be possible for me to play the piece like that. But then again, having come thus far, it’s not all that impossible I guess. When I first started out, I thought I’d never be able to even play the simple version of Fur Elise.

Nothing brilliant comes easy. It’s all about the word we all dread: PRACTICE, and having the will-power to not give up.

No comments:

The Visitors