Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change is in Our World

People all around the world will be seeing the inauguration of Barack Obama in about 12 hours time. It’ll be live on TV at 3.30 am Wednesday where we are. Although I don’t really know much about what’s going on, I still do know enough to feel a sense of excitement and awe to be living right in this historic moment of time.

As we all know, the world situation is just a mess now. I don’t know much, but I do know that we’re living in such scary and insecure times. The word “turmoil” is stamped all over. It all does bother me a bit. I know that we are very blessed to be where we are now. But no where’s secure or safe nowadays, I guess. We just have to keep moving on and trust God every step of the way.

Many people are awaiting change. Or perhaps, change has already come. Obama’s inauguration in Washington D.C. is expecting the biggest crowd ever – abut 2.5 million attendees! Wow, I expect it’ll be a “wow” moment for every one who’s watching it. Hopefully I can watch it. 3.30 am is not exactly an ideal time to be watching TV, though. Haha. :P

We can all see that change is in our world. It is in our times.
So many crazy happenings have been on our news headlines. There’s the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. I was just thinking about all that’s been going on, and I wondered how long I will live to see many more unusual changes happening in the world. It’s a bit frightening to think about, but there’s no use avoiding it I suppose.

Although we live in such troubled times, many of us are still oblivious to the rest of the world. We continue to live our jolly good lives and do not expect change to reach us. But I think that it will. If we do not prepare ourselves and commit our lives to stand steadfast in God, we will not be able to live out our days with purpose and hope in our hearts.


The Mr. & Mrs. Obama and their two girls, Malia and Sasha.

It makes me wonder in awe what excitement they must be facing now. Those two little girls being the daughters of a man who will make history and is now making history in not only America, but the world! It’s simply amazing.

It’s frightening, yet very exciting to live in such times. No matter what happens, I must remember to always swing back to God for strength, courage, and guidance. I hope it goes the same for y
ou too! =)

(Pictures taken were taken from Google images.)

No comments:

The Visitors