Sunday, March 8, 2009

Picnic at Blackburn Lake

Yesterday was a fine day for a trip to the park. My dad decided to check out the map and we searched for a nice spot to visit and have a simple picnic dinner. It’s been a while since we had the time to do something like that. The last time we had a picnic was during our holiday month last December.

I guess we tend to take things for granted when we come to realize that we’ll be staying here for good. If we were on holiday here, I’m sure we would be cramming up as many places to visit as possible. Now that we are confirmed staying here, it’s kinda’ like, “Oh, we have plenty of chance to go places. We’ll do it some other time.” But now autumn is here already, and summer’s gone. So I was thinking that we had better go for picnics and visit the beach before it gets too cold!

I think we’ll try to make it a point to visit some place new each weekend. We really still haven’t explored so many places in Melbourne! It’ll be exciting to try a new place every week. And it’s good family time, I guess.

So after my mum made a trip to Coles to buy some stuff for the picnic, we headed off to Blackburn Lake Reserve. It was a really nice spot, and we discovered it’s only 5-10 minutes away! Haha. So next time we can go on a bike trip there. Fortunately, we now have 5 bicycles! My dad bought a mountain bike and Jirene had a new bike, too. Janna’s and mine were shipped from M’sia. The fifth bike was picked up from somewhere because the owner no longer wanted it. My dad just needed to fix the tyres.

It has been pretty cold these few days. Well in fact, it will get colder in the coming weeks. We’re bracing ourselves for our first winter! According to our friends here, they all tell us that the first winter is always unpleasant. Hopefully we’ll adjust and get used to it as easily as we’ve made it up till now. Haha. But of course, like I said in the previous post, we’ll definitely feel homesick for the nice warm temp in M’sia.

Here are some pictures we took at the reserve yesterday. We took a nice, long walk around the lake reserve. It was kinda’ cold for me, but my sisters were wearing shorts! Especially Jirene Beh, she loves the cold, just like my dad. I’m more like the type who’ll bundle up and keep as warm as possible. Haha.


Me and Jirene at the lakeside.


Argh, forgive me for the hideous specks on the pictures. The sun was glaring behind them, and the flares were pretty bad. I think its a nice shot anyhow.




Haha, I have no idea what they were up to. I just happened to turn around and snap.



Oh this was funny. Haha! I wish the lighting wasn't so uneven, though.





I really like this shot! My batteries actually died a few moments before the duck waddled across the frame, but miraculously, I switched the cam on again and the battery lasted enough for one more shot. Yipee, these are the little good moments that make my day!

After the walk around the lake, we went back to the main park grounds and had our picnic.

Oh we love this thingamajig! Its sorta' like a seesaw, but it's swinging in the air. Love it. It's a pity that I was a bit too much heavier than Janna. Haha.

Look at her! She's wearing shorts! It was definitely below 20 degrees that time cause' the sun was going down already.

Whee :)

Haha, guess how this shot came about. I'll try to get a better one sometime soon.

Well that’s all for the weekend, peeps. =) God bless and have a great week ahead.


No comments:

The Visitors