Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Moment of Lucidity

by Janielle Beh on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 5:30pm

You know the moments when you realize you've been living on 'autopilot' mode? That's when you either wake up, or carry on in the sorry state of oblivion.

You truly live when you engage in the moment, when you love what you're doing, and when you have a passion for something, or for someone, in the heart of your existence. Look around you, how many people have that?

Seize the moment of lucidity. And wake up.

Look, the rest of the world is in slumber to the things that truly matter. I know I always return to this same old, same old. But how essential it is for us to respond to the rare wake up calls and blessed piercing moments of lucidity when we do realize we've been living in ignorance and selfishness?

I guess the key is not to live for yourself. I know the world promotes this glorified self-centeredness. How about an inherent selflessness? Now that is a rarity.

How to not live for yourself? I presume by first letting go of the things that make you forget others and forget God. I realize when I do let go, I actually realize what little meaning that thing holds! Why did I become enslaved to something so trivial and short-lived?

Mmm. Much to muse on. I'm typing this in Pancake Parlour, sipping coffee and looking out the window.

This is my moment of lucidity.

Girl, you gotta' wake up

No comments:

The Visitors