Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Seizing the Day

by Janielle Beh on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 1:20pm
 
How many days and moments have passed us by because we weren't engaging in the present?

How many times have we missed the one time opportunity to talk to someone we should care about?

How many times have we ignored the people in the shadows so the spotlight will be on ourselves?

When i ask myself these questions, I feel so disgusted with my selfishness. No one is exempt from this terrible self-centeredness that eats up all the love and kindness and patience we can have towards others.

I despise the fact that because of this selfishness and pride, I have missed countless God-given opportunities to make a day memorable, to appreciate the people around me, to care about someone apart from me, myself and I.

There is a world out there that we're all so indifferent to. We live our lives as if they were our own. In fact, my life is not my own!

Paul said, 'I count it all as loss, that I may gain Christ.'

The rare times when I let go of myself, my selfish wants, I realize how much freer I am to receive God's love and truth and how much freer I am to let this love overflow in every aspect of my life.

That's the key to seizing the day and seizing every God-given opportunity. Someone once told me, Its all about God and its all about people.

Yes, the two greatest commandments Jesus preached, loving God and loving others!

No comments:

The Visitors