Thursday, January 18, 2007

Greetings, my friends!!


Today was a pretty normal day. Nothing much. But going for piano class today particularly amused me a little. I shall proceed to tell you WHY it amused me. So, as i was playing one of the sonatinas in the Book of Sonatinas (which is obviously my piano book), my teacher started to lecture me. She didn't lecture me for not practicing or anything. Its just that, I didn't PLAY ACCORDING to TIMING. The metronome went 'tik-tak tik-tak' and I knew I wasn't following the beat properly. I was playing the piece too quickly.


That's when my piano teacher said: "You see, now you DON'T know HOW to PLAY SLOWER. Always also play all the fast songs. (She said something like that) Now when it comes to the slow part, you can't play."

It struck me quite hard when she said that. Haha, and as she was lecturing me, I was smiling from ear to ear. Seriously. She must have been glaring at me suspiciously. Haha... I've always THOUGHT that sonatinas were meant to be fast, but there were also the slow parts. And when it came to that part, i just couldn't play it properly because my beat has always been FAST. Well, it occured to me that even in our daily lives, we tend to go TOO FAST. At times, we really need to learn HOW TO live our lives at a SLOWER PACE. Sometimes we go around doing so SO MANY things, and in the end... what? I think we should also learn how to PRIORITIZE and think about the things we NEED AND SHOULD do. Instead of running around here and there doing all the UNNECESSARY things. Things we DON'T NEED TO, or SHOULDN'T be doing!! Do you actually get me? Haha... =D

Another factor is also TIMING... and SEASONS. In what ever we do, we need to do it according to RIGHT TIMING. And this in turn, connects us to GOD'S TIMING. Many times we all want to do our own thing. We go around planning this and that, going all over the place, occupying ourselves with so many activities; but have you ever thought of God's timing? We need to pray and ask God to tell us when to work and do things, according to His perfect timing and season.

Daniel 2:21


"He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."

So, work according to GOD'S TIMING and HS SEASONS in EVERYTHING YOU DO. =)

Jesus Loves Us All, and to ACC: May GOD bless this organzation, may it multiply in size & number, and may WE work according to HIS TIMING for year 2007!! Woohooo!! ;)

-Janielle-



No comments:

The Visitors