Thursday, January 18, 2007



The Living Word


Helloo friends!!
I think i would love to go 'straight to the point' today... So...


The million dollar question I would really want to ask you people today is:

Have you ever considered the Word of God, as in, the Bible as your daily food? [Laughs]

It's okay if some of you don't get the million dollar question. Well, actually, it's quite simple. Most of us wouldn't consider that thick, over-a-thousand page book - the Bible, as our daily food. It might probably even sound ridiculous to those of you who haven't heard of this before. But right now you're just about the consider God's Word more seriously. When I mentioned that the Bible is like your daily food, you should try to consider it spiritually. Think about it as you read.

If you didn't eat your meals 3 times a day, or in fact everyday, what would you think would happen? Yes! You would probably starve and get malnourished. That's precisely what happens spiritually inside us when we don't read the Bible! We might seem fit and healthy on the outside, but on the inside, spiritually, we are weak and unstable. As Christians and as God's children, that kind of thing shouldn't happen to us. So don't waste any more time. Pray and seek help from God and He will surely help you overcome it.

For it is already writen in the Bible, God says in Jeremiah 33:3: "Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know."

And in James 1:4: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally, and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

You know, I was kinda like that way, too. But not until after I realized it, I started to change. I thought I would try to read the Bible at least once a day or something like that. It was very difficult, because the devil kept stopping me from doing it. But after I prayed and tried harder a couple times more, finally, it soon became a daily affair. And nearly each day, I was able to do my devotions and stuff like that. Sometimes I guess most of us would give excuses like, I don't have loads of time to read the Bible; I'm so busy with school and I've got so much to do. Or even, it's too boring, and I can't even understand most of the sentences. Well yeah, I have to admit I thought the same about it a couple months ago too. But now, I've realized that God's Word isn't just some boring old-fashioned book with lots of words I can barely understand. It's much, much more than that!

Oh come on, just think about it. The Bible contains tons of wonderful parables and proverbs and stories which we can learn from. The best thing about it is that it's truly, really the inspired Word of God! And you are assured in 1 Timothy 3:16-17 that, "All Scripture is by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped, ready for every good work." Once I realized that, I no longer thought it was boring and uninteresting, or just waste of time. And I'm 100 percent sure, that He can do the same for you, too! So don't worry. Just try spending some time everyday meditating on His Word and pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to you and grant you the passion for reading His Word.

P.s. Remember to feed yourselves FAT with God's Word! Hebrews 4:12

Jesus Reigns in MY Life!
Janielle

No comments:

The Visitors