Tuesday, March 27, 2007



Hello people! =)

Argh, I've missed out on the Sunday post! Haha. Sunday service was terrific! The most I remembered about last Sunday was the preaching by guest speaker: Landa Cope. It was really good. A smart lady she was. But unfortunately, I couldn't pay my full attention during the service. I was so sleepy! xD And Shirlynn must be put to blame for my sleepiness. =P (But I won't tell why) By the way, it was Shirlynn's birthday on Sunday! And I only found out on Saturday night... That girl ah. Didn't even tell us! =)

So, back to Sunday service. Landa Cope reviewed the Ten Commandments in her message. She restated its meaning in a whole new different way! God truly spoke to her and revealed to her the "other side" of His commandments. The commandment I mainly remember is:

Deuteronomy 5:7 ~ "You shall have no other gods before me."

Sounds familiar? =D I have to say that before this, I didn't think of this commandment the way Landa Cope put it. You might think it just means: Don't bow down to, or serve other gods. We shouldn't put materialistic things above God. We shouldn't pray to any other idols. Bla bla bla..

Correct! What you're thinking, would most probably be correct. But have you considered the "other side" of it? You see, God made the Ten Commandments not to control us or to take over the world. (But really, the world does belong to God!) He made it for our own good.
FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

Deuteronomy 5:33 tells us: "You shall walk in the ways which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you..."

Yup, that's right. I clearly remember what Landa Cope said about "the other side" of this commandment. You know why God commands us not have any other gods before Him? Because He's the one and only God! There is simply no other!

Deuteronomy 4:39 says, "Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that the Lord Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other."

It's really for your own good. God is clearly telling you, "Don't waste your time worshipping idols when they're not real. They won't last forever. I am the only true and living God!" So there goes, don't waste your time, my friend. Seriously, it really is a bit ridiculous to create something, out of your own creativity, and worship it. (Get what I mean?)

So what are the idols in your life? It doesn't necessarily mean idols as in those weird-looking figurines that people pray to in tradition. It can be anything. Anything that you think of or use too much, that causes you forget about God. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its wrong to love your parents or to spend time with your friends or to use your PC 24/7. But if you continue to spend time with God, and set apart time to seek Him, then its not considered wrong.

Remember, its for your own good! God is God, and you are not. So don't create your own rules which are bound to get you into an unfortunate mess!

Joshua 1:8 says, "This Book of Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."

God wants the best for you, so follow Him!
Janielle Beh


No comments:

The Visitors