Thursday, June 7, 2007

I was empty, but now I'm filled!


I’ve not been studying God’s Word properly for the past two weeks. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I was unfocused, and got a bit lazy. Or maybe it’s because I’ve got other things to do. But for the past two weeks, I’ve been pushing God aside, right to the farthest corner of my mind. I tried to push away the guilt of not doing my devotion properly. I just felt sort of lazy to study the Bible and even, to pray. I felt kinda’ bad, but I thought, Nah, it should be alright not doing my devotion for awhile. I’ll be just fine.

But today, something changed.

God tugged at my heart, today. This time, I knew I couldn’t ignore God anymore. I really couldn’t believe this was actually happening to ME! I mean, haven’t I been memorizing scriptures all these 5 months? I thought I was OK, so missing a few days of devotion would be fine. I just didn’t feel the urge to do it.

But no, today, I HAD NO OTHER CHOICE.

Finally, after all that “tugging and pulling”, I cried out to God. “Lord, what’s wrong with me?! I just feel so dry and empty these days!” I yelled in my heart.

There was a pause… I cried to God again. And this time, something came.

“Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of GOD.”

I repeated it in my heart. This was a Scripture verse I had memorized some time ago. It was Matthew 4:4.

Now only did I realize my mistake. I have been dry and dead in my spirit because I haven’t been truly studying and meditating on God’s Word! Now I’ve learned a great lesson. This applies to YOU, too. Think about it.

Matthew 4:4 ~ Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every WORD that proceeds from the mouth of GOD.”

Without God’s Word, you’re DEAD MEAT. Think about it, my friend. God is tugging at your heart right now. So, you’re gonna’ run away? I don’t think so…

To be continued…


No comments:

The Visitors