Wednesday, November 21, 2007

But Why?

After reading my post yesterday, a friend asked me in an amused way:

But WHY would you go blind? What made you think about going blind all of a sudden?

Well, I think it was a rather intelligent question actually. Ahahaha, quite true. What made me think all of a sudden about the possibility of going blind some day? After all, there could be so many other more disastrous ailments I could have thought about. But you know, eyesight is so vital! Oh well, maybe I’m wrong. I could also say that my legs or my arms are equally as important. Or maybe I’ll never make up my mind which part is most important.

There were a few times when I asked myself, what if I loose my legs in some unexpected accident? And what if I knew it would happen before hand, and what if I could turn the situation around and instead of losing my legs, I’d probably trade it for my eyes (or my nose, or my thumb, or my foot, or my fingernail)?

Then as I was actually trying to decide which part would cause lesser loss if I traded it, I realized how stupid the idea was. But still, I couldn’t help thinking! Don’t worry though; I don’t spend the whole day thinking about such pointless things. But its still sort of gets at me sometimes. Anyway, today as I was thinking of a solution to this, the verse:

Psalm 37:23, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in His way.”

In the Contemporary English Version (CEV), it says, “If you do what the LORD wants. He will make certain each step you take is sure.”

In truth, we really don’t know what’s gonna’ happen tomorrow. Anything can happen. But take heart that God is watching over us. =)

No comments:

The Visitors