Monday, December 24, 2007

The Fun’s Not Over Yet

No! The fun’s not over yet. Is it? Christmas is two days away. Are you looking forward to something? Or are you waiting for something to just happen?

I feel as if I’m waiting for something to just happen. For now. But I know the feeling will pass. I DO have something to look forward to. There’s always something new. As a matter of fact, I’m looking forward to a lot of things. It’s just that, you’ll never know how everything will unfold until it actually unfolds. Anything can happen. Tragedy or miracle, calamity or blessing, tears of sorrow or tears of joy, pain or relief, success or failure, demerits or achievements, life or death.

Or something between life and death.

So many people around us live life so carelessly. Oh yes, they care about their hair, they care about their clothes, they care about a lot of things. But really, how meaningfully are we living OUR lives? Prancing about doing this and doing that, but not really doing anything for any purpose or with any meaning?

Oh bother, I feel horrible. Sometimes I do things so carelessly, I say things so rashly, I do all sorts of things, but in all I do, most of the time I’m not really honoring God. Oh bother, bother, bother! I DO feel horrible now. Am I making you feel uneasy? Well you can close this page right now, but really, what would make you want to read on?

Sometimes we live as if there is no God. We talk as if God is not listening. Well listen up then. What you do defines who you are, and what you say tells people around you how you think and who you look up to.

“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

I’m sure there comes a point in our life when we have to stop and drop what we’re doing so that we can pull ourselves away from the world. If you’re genuinely going to follow Jesus, if you’re really intending to take up your cross and follow Him, you definitely wouldn’t have the desire to do what the world does. But then again, how much courage does is take to say to the world, “I’m following Jesus”?

“And there’s no turning back.” Full stop.

How much will it cost you to say that? Your life? Well well, isn’t that exactly what the Bible says!

“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.” – Matthew 16:25


The fun ain't over yet. Let it just begin!

(Picture grabbed from Sophira’s blog. I edited it – sort of.)

No comments:

The Visitors