Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Taking Our Stand

I remember last Saturday’s testimony time at youth – everyone was talking “overtime”! Haha. But I remember it well because what Zlwin, Adrian, and Brian shared really encouraged me and made me marvel at how bold they were to do what they did. And because I find it so very enlightening, I’m moved to relate their fantastic testimony to you. =)

Zlwin was the first to share about his new-found-job in this boutique called, Blook. He was telling us that when he applied for the sales-guy job, he actually wrote down his own “terms and conditions” for the supervisor in charged. (Yeah, it’s the other way round now. Haha.) He wanted his Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings off, so he could attend youth church and go for Sunday service. But hello, why would the supervisor care to attend to his needs if she could hire another person who can work 24/7 and be contended with the same pay?

Well, I suppose she didn’t turn him down because… well, he was different.

Don’t get me wrong, not in that way, of course. :P

It amazes me how Zlwin had that much confidence that he would get the job even with his demanding “terms and conditions”. I bet he prayed real hard for God to open the way. At first, the supervisor was reluctant to hire him, but then Zlwin told her to give him a chance to talk to the “big boss” and negotiate a bit. (Whoa, I salute his determination weih.)

And guess what? After chatting with the owner of the boutique, he found out that the lady was actually a Christian in ACTS Church! Amazing how God turns things around, isn’t it?


In the end, the big boss didn’t only agree to allow him to work half a day on Saturdays and Sundays, but she even offered to raise his salary! I was shaking my head in disbelief. Well, of course, it isn’t “just coincidence”. Though it seemed pretty impossible, God can definitely make a way when there seems to be no way. Adrian and Brian also had similar testimonies, among other wonderful things they testified about their work place.


I recall Adrian saying that it’s so great to be able to work and still have the time to serve in church. And my dad was saying that it’s good that we start doing it young. Like, now. When we dare to take our stand and honor God’s terms and conditions, God will honor and open a way for us. It was commitment and passion to serve God that drove them to do what they did. God will give us the confidence and boldness if we have faith that He will.

“And we know that God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28


Let us take our stand. Like, NOW.


Oh wow, this is my 301st post!

No comments:

The Visitors