Monday, July 21, 2008

The Invincibles

Wahooooo, I’m back from Treasure Quest 2008!

Man, I tell you, my group comprised of the awesomest teammates I can ever ask for! I love ‘em all and they totally rocked my socks off! =D I’ll never forget the fun memories we had.

The name of my team was “The Invincibles”. (Hey, it’s original! :P) Other groups were teasing us and calling us the “invisibles”. Pfft. But in the end, The Invincibles didn’t turn out to be invisible after all. Guess what, we landed in the Top 3 list! :D

Before you enjoy the pictures, I’d like to name my teammates one by one and include a snippet of how much they meant to me in the team. =)

The first person whom I called to join me was Joshua Chin – he was awarded “Mr. Most Animated” at the finale! Ahahaha. Really, he did brighten our group and made the race fun with his friendliness and good-humored attitude. A lot of the riddles were also solved after he sparked ideas. Man, I’m so honored to have him in my team. ;) Hey Josh, you the man, man. :P Har har.

My other bestie was my good ol’ poser-pal Shaina! ;) Oh I enjoyed her company so much! She enlightened me in so many ways when I was blur. :P Shaina was also my helpful “secretary” – she organized the notes and money so well! I felt encouraged when she was so enthusiastic about being in the team. Shaina’s one awesome chick. =)

Not to forget our pro runner, Michelle Yeoh! (I’m glad to say that my team comprised of fit and healthy and quick-to-go people. Ahaha.) Of course, we also had the brains la. :P Michelle was supportive and fun. After the race, she sent me an sms saying, “Y’all rock man. I had fun all the way!”

There was also a newcomer in our team – Pravin! He’s one sporting fellow who gave me a lot of helpful ideas. It was fun having him. I’m glad that he played a good part in the team and mingled well with us even though we were only meeting for the first time.

Finally, the two kiddoes who were a big help with the coloring and cross-word puzzles were Jon Lee and Hannah Chin! Boy, am I glad they were in my team. Jon and Hannah were so bright and helpful. They listen when it’s time to listen, and give their two cents worth at the right time. :D I must really commend them for running with us till the finish line! ;)

Up next are the pictures we snapped on the way and those taken at the finale. Have fun seeing all the fun we had! Teehee. :P



Yu Tjin (Flying Nachos leader), Zack (Farthanique leader), and I. Our teams were the first three to be flagged off!

Jon, Pravin, and Hannah solving the Tangram.

Our first LRT ride from Paramount station to KL Sentral.

Michelle, Me, Shaina, Jon, and Hannah's eyes. :P

Trying to figure out the riddles in KLCC. The lady in yellow was Aunt Jacqueline, our team marshall. She was so nice to us! Offered to buy is donuts and ice cream on the way. :D

We still had time to pose even while rushing for time! Hahaha.

Getting a local guy and a Caucasian to pose with us for a requirement in the clues paper.

Pravin, Shaina, the Caucasian guy, Mic, the local guy, me, and Hannah. Hilarious bunch! :P

Doing the "Pharoah, Pharoah" Sunday school song in the middle of Mid Valley.

It was fun all the way!!! =D

Finally, we arrived at Italianies after checking in our answers and making up a song based on the theme verse, 2 Corinthians 2:14-15.

Tired out. Haha.

Getting the food! It was YUMMY. We had Carbonara Fettucinni, fried calamari, fries, fried chicken, and bread pudding!

Enjoying our lunch after a hard day's race. =)

I was posing with Shawna, Xin Hui, Lynne (all 3 from the Rubberduckies team), Zoe, and Hannah.

Jirene was in Renee's team.


Our hardworking commanders busy marking our answers until they had no time for the good food!


Aww. The three angels in the Invincibles. :P Ahahahaha.

Teehee. :P

My team was practicing the song we created our of 2 Corinthians 2:14-15. Guess what, our song was actually voted one of the best! (We took one minute to make it up and just sing. Hahaha.) And here they were practicing because Cmdr Terence actually wanted us to present at the finale. But too bad, I guess they didn't have the time, so we didn't get to. =(

Cmdr Peter (the one with 5 kids :P) sharing a short message.


You can see three people clearly in this shot. One is Janna, and then there's Mei Jean. The other one is Jon Chin! Hahahaha. At the far left of the picture. He probably was praying very hard that his group (Farthanique) would win! :P

Appreciating the marshalls. That was my uncle Rodney Lee (Jon Lee's dad). He was team marshall for "Freedom".

Aunty Jacqueline, our awesome marshall who managed to run along with us till the finish line!

Cmdr Terence revealing the answers to some of the most impossible riddles of the quest.

The clue: Uncle Tan insulted me.

The answer: Tenmoku Pottery.

Don't get it?

Ten (Tan) Mok (Mock - insult) U (me).

*rolls eyes*

All of us were so bummed wei! AHAHA.

Josh Chin, our Mr. Most Animated! Har har har. :P Eh, not bad wei, he won some vouchers for Chilli's.

Cmdr Darren and Cmdrs Melissa, Piaree, and Esther. They were the ones who planned the riddles. We all wanted to tembak them after the impossible answers were revealed to us! Hahaha.

And finally, after Cmdr Darren announced all the consolation winners, my heart was pumping away like mad already! My team was still not called out yet!

The Top Three groups up on stage. Shawna's "Rubberduckies", Kah Heng's "The Mavericks", and my "Invincibles".

The Mavericks won 1st Runner Up! Cheers to you, Kah Heng!

My happy team.

Josh, Jon, and I. My uncle was handling the camera while we were on stage. Haha, only Jon's looking at the cam now.

Oh oh, guess what? The Invincibles won 2nd Runner Up! Wahoo!

Cmdr Brian giving out our prize.

Josh: Can I ask you a question?

Josh: Why do you always take off your specs when taking pictures? Is it like automatic or something?

Me: *rolls eyes* I don't like it when my specs reflect the camera flash la!

You can see a perfect example in this picture. HAHA.

Our team was given Haagen Dazs, Nike vouchers, and cold cash! :P

Oh yeah babeh, 25 bucks worth each voucher for Haagen Dazs!

Kah Heng getting his 1st Runner Up prize.

And for Treasure Quest 2008, Shawna's team - the Rubberduckies, were the CHAMPIONS!

They screamed. :P

Photoshoot of all of us. This year, there were about 130 of us who were part of the quest! 30 people more than last year!

The cmdrs were really such awesome planners for this year's Treasure Quest. Everything went so smoothly and thank God, the riddles were far less stressing compared to last year's. x)

My awesome, schmosome team! Michelle, Josh, Hannah, Shaina, Me, Pravin, and Jon.

Hahaha, you notice Josh's posing while on the phone.

Getting ready to jump the victory jump. :P

Halfway there...

Victory to The Invincibles!


You wonder what's Josh doing.

Sister and brother ruining our picture. :P (Hey, it rhymes!) xD


Now its Zoe's turn to pose while on the phone. *rolls eyes* Haha.

The four lovelies with the thorn among the roses. Haha, kidding.

Lynne and I. Whoopee, did I tell you we're "Blogger-Made friends"? :P

Shawna, Lynne, and I. :D

JusTea fans.


Shin Yiing and Janna. Hannah and Jirene - they were halfway through a happy catfight. Whatever that means. :P

Shin Yiing was in Janice's team - Amplified.

Hannah and I looking real lime green.

My sisters and I.

Janna, Cheng Ean, and Ashley goofing around in the LRT on the way back. (Plus Jirene halfway lecturing someone. :P)


This is dedicated to my teammates:

“WOW!” is the word I’d use to describe what I feel when I remember all 6 of you. Yes, you guys make such an amazing bunch when put together! I thank God so much for the opportunity to work with each one of you. I sure did get to know y’all better. Being the team leader, I must commend you all for demonstrating such energetic enthusiasm, cooperation, and unity! We were definitely one jolly and unique bunch. =)

Cheers to The Invincibles! =D

No comments:

The Visitors