Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Routine Kills

Two days ago, I had the once-in-a-blue-moon chance to talk to my all-time bestie, Joyce Shamini! Haha. Finally, after an unbearably long time, we managed to catch up in three short hours. And boy, I tell you, we didn’t waste a single minute of it! We were talking non-stop for three hours – the next day I found myself with a sore throat already. Haha. :P

I remember one part of our conversation when I mentioned an Albert Einstein quote.

““Insanity can be defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

That’s when Joyce said, “Yeah, routine kills.

We all wish life is more exciting. I think it can be. Doing the same thing over and over again – routine – robs the life out of us! Of course, we all need a little bit of routine to keep us in place, but still, sometimes it takes guts to do something different and break out of the norm, in a “non-routine” way.

In the process of writing this post, I Googled the words “Routine Kills” and I found this random blogsite by God-knows-who. I found his post on “breaking out of daily routine” really insightful. Click here to read.

I hope I'll live to live a more adventurous, out-of-the-ordinary life myself. My next holiday is going to be a long and adventurous one. Harhar. Boy, I can hardly wait! :P


I think this picture fits this post, somehow. Everything looks so still and neat and perfect in this picture. Yet, I think it looks too “straight”. It was taken in my parents’ room! Ha ha.
Sometimes, it would do us all some good to make things more colorful, fun, and wacky. =)

No comments:

The Visitors