Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gee, it’s New Year’s Eve – again!

Yah yah, I know, you’d expect me to say the usual “Oh, time flies so fast!” (Which happens to be what I was thinking…)

“Jeez, next thing you know it I'm gonna graduate, have a job, raise a family, get grandchildren and die of old age. xD” (quote, Shaun Yow)

Hahaha, I read that on Shaun’s blog and I laughed at the bluntness of it. Well, it wasn’t what I was thinking, but I found it amusing. xD

For now, I’m just waiting for 2009 to begin. The past few weeks have only been an “introduction”. On the 1st of January, I’ll “officially” begin my new chapter here.

In February, school begins. For the past few weeks I’ve been waking up at nearly 11 each morn. When I roll out of bed, I always wonder how I’d manage school life – having to wake up in the cold at 7 am and wear a uniform. Seriously, if you’re talking about school life, that’s all I’m worried about.

As most of you know, I’ve been homeschooled since 9. I didn’t have to wear uniform, carry a heavy schoolbag, do extra homework, tolerate other students and teachers, wash school shoes, prepare a lunch box, face exams and report cards…

You would say I had a blissful “school” life in M’sia. Sure thing, I did. I’ll admit that I love the comforts of homeschooling, but I’m still very excited about going to a real school. People tell me year 10 is gonna’ be my fun year. It’s not like Form 4, where you have to perk up and start stressing about SPM. I’ll take their word for it and savour every moment! =)

Sometime next year I’d like to read this again and see how I had greeted 2009 and anticipated the new experiences I’ll have here. As for 2008, what have I accomplished and learned? That’s for me to know and it’s too tiresome to list. However, there is one thing that I’ve learned that I must write about, and carry with me into 2009.

I’ve realized that throughout life, there will always be people who’d talk a lot and give smart advises about how I should live my life, what I should do, etc. People advise out of goodwill – I’ll appreciate that. But there’ll be some who are just offering their two-cents worth of nonsense. It may sound brash, but I’ve resolved that if I listen to such people, I’d probably end up not doing what I desire in my heart to do, and of course, what God has in store me.

My dad had once given an illustration using a compass. I’ll remember it for life. We all know that the main purpose of the compass is simply to point True North. In this metaphor, the True North represents God. In life, there’ll always be many other “magnets” that will cause our compass needle to go swing back & forth without clear direction. We’re always distracted by so many things that most of us are just cruising in auto-pilot with no clear purpose.

I have determined that no matter what people say – some may even discourage me from doing what I really want to do and push me off the track I’m determined to take – I will always, always remember to swing back to the True North, to God, for His guidance. You can forget the previous paragraphs, but I hope that you’ll carry this last bit with you into the New Year, too. =)


" You will show me the path of life, and in Your presence is fullness of joy." - Psalm 16:11

Tell me you like this one! Hahaha, my sister was marvelling at the amount of time I took to edit one such picture - yes, a lot of time. :P

We’ll be going to Melbourne City tomorrow to watch the fireworks. There’s going to be free train rides the whole day. Yipee yay. :D

Till then, God blesscha’ and have a fabulous New Year’s Eve!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must say, this is one truly profound post.
You're well-grounded and I know you will fare excellently in time to come. =)
Have a fruitful and fulfilling 2009 and God bless! =D

xo

The Visitors