Monday, December 29, 2008

Our First Christmas in Aussie

Hey ya’ll! Hope you guys are having a verrry Merrry Christmas and are not forgetting the reason for the season! :D

We had very beautiful weather on Christmas day. It was sunny, yet the temperature was nice and cooling. And that’s what I call “the best weather everrr”!

For the first time, we are spending Christmas on our own – without the jolly company of our relatives, cousins, and also church friends! But thankfully, we are here celebrating together as a family and also with some new-found friends who’d invited us over to their house for Christmas dinner. =)

Before our arrival, we tried to imagine what it would be like to celebrate our first Christmas in Australia. And we were hoping that by Christmastime, we would’ve found a house and we could have thanksgiving dinner on the eve. Though I did try to imagine what it would look and feel like, I just couldn’t picture it.

But hey, here we are now! And by God’s grace, we have a nice, cosy house. Also what’s more, we are not celebrating Christmas alone, but with some new friends! And as we had imagined, we did have our thanksgiving dinner in our own house on Christmas Eve. It was good.

My parents bought a roast chicken with stuffing and my mum made some pasta and potato salad. It sounds like a simple dinner, but it was thoroughly wonderful. We thank God for leading us thus far and for all the good and not so good experiences that have brought us to enjoy what’s here and now before us. It’s been so exciting for me and my sisters.

On Christmas day itself, we had a nice roast turkey, ham, and beef dinner at Eleanor’s house. Aunty Sonya and Uncle Ken were so nice to invite us. There was a lot of food. My mum brought tuna pasta and a banana chocolate cake. There was also Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, salad, and cheesecake. It was really good. :D

Here are some pictures we took on Christmas Eve and at Eleanor's place on Christmas day. =)


The three of us at the dining area.


My dad with the yummy roast chicken.

Dig in!
We thank God for our first Christmas here in Australia!

Haha, at Aunty Sonya's house. We were attempting to jump in our skirts and dresses. :P From the left is Shona, the youngest of the four girls, then their third sister, Hannah, and Janna, me, and Jirene.

All of us had our scrumptious dinner at the patio facing the backyard - where we did our jumping stunts. Haha.


I didn't know Eleanor could be such a meanie. She pushed me down when we jumped! :P


You know, sometimes we just run out of poses. -.- Hahaha.

Hahaha, Hannah, I think is a failed attempt. :P LOL.

Hannah, Joanna, and I. Joanna was Hannah's neighbor when they were in M'sia. Her family migrated here as well!
Finally, the three of us with Shona and Eleanor. I wanted to take a picture of all of us, but then we were preoccupied with watching Ever After. Haha. So anyway, it was fun hanging out with you guys for Christmas!
I hope you all had a wonderful time back in Malaysia as well. :D Take care and God bless as we look on to the new year in 3 days! ;)

No comments:

The Visitors