Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Wahoo, I’m back, folks! Miss me? It’s been a long and busy week since my last post! I’ve met a lot of new people in school since, and every day has been pretty good and eventful. We’ve been practicing so hard for the House Music Festival and for our Cuthbert house musical, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It’s been tiring every day cause’ we have so many rehearsals. I find it a wonder that all of us worked so well together! I must also say that although it is my first time playing in an instrumental group, I managed to fit in pretty well. I really thank God that I didn’t back out of it after realizing that the part I’m playing is a bit too difficult for me. But I committed it to God anyway, and determined that nothing is impossible to play as long and I practice mean and hard.

When I first got my violin part last Friday, I was blown over by the amount of sharps and flats in the piece! Despite all that, I was still quite ambitious and decided to go ahead with it. One day later, I was already tempted to quit cause’ my patience was running out! But oh well, I guess I was still determined, and I prayed that God will give me the strength and ability to practice till I get it right. I reminded myself that it’s my first opportunity to perform with the violin, and I must get it right – whatever it takes!

One week down the road, I am really thankful to God that I am able to play the part quite smoothly. But behind every well-played piece, there will always be a lot of time, effort, and sweat put into it! Seriously, my fingers and back sweat buckets each time I practice! xD

Our little instrumental orchestra is composed of flutes, violins, cellos, double basses, bassoons, oboes, tubas, trumpets, clarinets, a xylophone, cymbals, a trombone, and our good ol’ conductor, Elijah Cornish (he’s our Cuthbert house captain and the school’s music captain). As I observe how everyone plays their part to make a beautiful and exciting medley, I am once again so glad that I decided to join the House Music! I’m learning so much and it’s a memorable experience, considering it is only my third week.

Tomorrow’s gonna’ be a long and exciting day. Janna and I will be staying in school until night. We already have our “Halloween” costumes – remember the Nightmare Before Christmas? It’s gonna’ be real cool. Hopefully I’ll have some nice pictures to post up soon!

I’ve gotta’ run now. Guess what, I’m back to practicing violin for tomorrow! Yes, oh yes, I really am very, very dedicated. :P

Cheers! ;)

No comments:

The Visitors