Saturday, April 18, 2009


Picnic at Dandenong Ranges

For the holidays, we have been planning to visit this place called Dandenong Ranges. So on a beautiful and sunny blue-skied day, we drove up to Dandenong Ranges for a picnic. It was only about 30 minutes from our place. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as great as we expected, after so many people told us it’s such a nice place to visit. Haha, my dad laughed and said, I guess since we’ve visited so many other places, our standard has gone up already. Well, we were expecting something more spectacular. xD

Well, it turned out pretty okay anyway. It’s one of those rare places where you find really tall trees and it’s like a forest; whereas most of Australia is made up of bush land and small shrub-like trees. Haha. Oh well, at least we can now tick off Dandenong Ranges from our list of parks and places to visit around Melbourne.

I did manage to take some neat bird shots out of the hundred over I deleted after that. Haha. As usual, that’s what it takes. But it’s fun to snap pictures here. There’s always a park nearby and of course, there’s your own backyard!

So here go the pictures. By the way, there are two sets of pictures. The first set is Dandenong Ranges, and the second one is Cardinia Reservoir, which we visited the day after with some church friends. (:


The brilliant red Rosella bird.

The noisy screeching Cockatoo.

Haha, this is cute.

This is cute too. It was chewing on a stalk.

Picnickers.

Yeah, it's a wonder my dad wasn't cold. He's meant for Aussie weather.


I was wishing so hard that the bird would just turn its head to the camera, and whoopee-doo, it did! I love this shot. It was only for 3 seconds, but long enough to snap. :D



Would you dare to go in?

Yikes, beware of the giant cobwebs inside!


!!!

Yeap, it was pitch black inside, but I flashed the camera and came up with this! Pretty cool. Can't imagine the tree is hollow all the way up.

It's a pretty tall one, in fact...



I was always falling behind when taking pictures these pictures. Haha.

Janna and Jirene feeding the Cockattoos.

Cardinia Reservoir. We had another picnic the next day. This was a pretty nice place. It's known for its kangaroos.


Janna, Claire - Ps. Ken Teo's daughter, from CLIC - and Jirene.


We were playing some card games. I got to know the few other kids. From left: Sherman, Aivee, Jenvee, Tom, and the rest of us.

This lil' guy's really cute. I spotted many kangaroos when the sun started to set! There were bunches of kangaroos everywhere. But I didn't get to take many shots cause it was getting darker.

I just love watching these quiet, hoppy creatures. They're kinda' like rabbits, but more "outgoing", if I must say. Hahaha. :)

That’s all for today. The next post I’ll update you guys about Planetshakers! Till then, have a fabulous weekend. God bless ;)

No comments:

The Visitors