Saturday, April 11, 2009

There is Hope

Today is Saturday – the day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. It might not be the exact dates of Jesus’ death on the Cross of Calvary and His resurrection 2000 years ago; nevertheless, these 3 days are significant because it reminds us of God’s amazing grace. Yes, His saving grace that was demonstrated to us through Jesus Christ.

By far, I think this year’s Easter is the most meaningful for me. It is not because of any wonderful event or miracle or person, but yesterday at the Good Friday service I just felt truly amazed and thankful to God for being so real in my life all this while. It is such a meaningful experience! I wish so much that everyone on this earth will experience God for themselves!

When I was younger, I accepted God’s saving grace and I believed in my heart that Jesus Christ died to pay for my sins and that He raised again. Now I suddenly realize that I am so, so blessed to have this glowing hope and purpose in my life. I am starting to wonder how so many people out there can go on with their lives without connecting with God! It’s so saddening!

In Australia, Easter is a pretty big thing. Well, it’s a “big thing” in a sense that people buy loads of chocolate eggs and “Easter bunnies” to celebrate this mere occasion. It has totally lost its meaning for most people! Easter has become just another holiday and an occasion to indulge and stock up on chocolates – seriously. Haha.

But hey, Easter signifies a new day for me! It reminds me that even in the deepest and darkest hour, God is still alive and that there is always hope. I reflected on how God has carried me through this few years. Boy, I was so overwhelmed. It has flown by so fast, and yet we know God’s hand was guiding us all this while.

About a year ago, I was uncertain about what the future will hold for me. I was afraid that things wouldn’t turn out as planned. I prayed and asked God to direct my steps. I recognize that God gives us the liberty to plan our path, but ultimately, He’ll be the one who opens the right opportunities to direct us.

So in that uncertain hour one year ago, I decided to open my Bible. To my delight, when I “randomly” turned a page – well I believe God predestined it – a highlighted verse flashed before me:

“Fear not, for I am with you,

Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you.

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

~ Isaiah 41:10


Man oh man, those words were silently read, but they boomed so loudly in my heart and resonated deeply in my spirit! It was incredible. It really lifted me from my faithless anxiety. I was so grateful to God for this encouraging word. My whole being was consoled by it and I had a sense of purpose again. God opens our eyes to His word in the timeliest manner. He never fails to answer when I am wavering in uncertainty!

One year later, our whole family is in Melbourne. We could never have imagined settling down so fast and all that has happened these 5 months. Man, I just realized that April marks us staying here for half a year already! Haha, scary huh. Anyway…

Remember that tomorrow is a new day because Jesus is alive! I don’t know what tomorrow holds, neither do we know when our time is up, but I need not fear because God is always near. If you don’t think He is, maybe you should consider pushing yourself to draw near to Him. God always has open arms for those who turn back to Him.


Will you be one of them?

“The Lord is on my side, I will not fear. What can man do to me?” ~ Psalm 118:6

Blessed Easter y'all and remember, there is hope in Christ!

No comments:

The Visitors