Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yay, I’m Going!!!

Woohoo, guess what, I’ll be going for the Hillsong Conference 09 in Sydney in July!!! It’s just plain awesome! A bunch of us from CLIChurch is going.

You know, I didn’t expect to go. But then two days ago, Charlene sent me a message saying that two peeps had pulled out and she asked if I’d like to take their place. So, there was a flicker of hope! However, the price for the conference, accommodation, and airfare to Sydney was pretty costly. Well, that snuffed out the flicker of hope. :( I knew we won’t have the extra money to spend on such a trip.

I thought about it and I wanted to go. But of course, I didn’t have the means to go.
There was always the ever-present flicker of doubt. But hey, I remembered that I could always pray and ask of God. Even if it seems impossible, with God, you might just be surprised. =) And I can tell you, God has blessed me with many surprises!

So I prayed. I wanted to go, but even if I can’t, I’ll be okay as well. But there’s no harm in asking God. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. Every good opportunity and every open door is in God’s plan. Many times only we ourselves will know for sure whether it is an answered prayer from God or not. So anyway, I just committed this desire to God and left it at that.

Today, after church, Charlene came and told me that she can arrange for me to be sponsored to go for the conference. I let out a tiny, thrilled gasp. So I don’t have the money, but yay, I’m going!!! I actually asked Charlene a few times, “Really!?? I can go…? Really, are you sure? You can arrange for that?” Finally I said, “Man, that’s just AWESOME!” I felt such a surge of excitement. It probably didn’t show much on the outside, but boy, you can imagine I’m so grateful to God!

We’ll be going on the 6th – 11th of July. It’ll be the middle of winter at that time! But at least up in Sydney it won’t be as cold as in Melbourne, I guess. I’m so thrilled! It’ll be a good time for me to get to know the CLIChurch peeps as well. And eat Subway everyday, as Charlene said. :P

I just checked the
Hillsong conference website for the program and speakers and stuff. It’s gonna be fantastic! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janielle, miss you heaps!!!! so good to hear abt your recent adventures... and things unfolding.. the youth ministry, school, the orchestra and music. Looks like you're having a ball! Our 'catch up' is just about due...hehe.. really sorry i've been out of touch... been chocablocks.

Unknown said...

Hi Janielle, miss you heaps!!!! so good to hear abt your recent adventures... and things unfolding.. the youth ministry, school, the orchestra and music. Looks like you're having a ball! Our 'catch up' is just about due...hehe.. really sorry i've been out of touch... been chocablocks.

The Visitors