Saturday, June 27, 2009

Only God Knows

The internet is overflowing with posts about Michael Jackson. Eh, I also want to write some of my thoughts. Haha. Boy, isn’t MJ one over-talented guy? Sadly, he’s another star with one of those tragic endings and a sad story. Honestly, I know nuts about his songs or even anything much about him, but like many of you out there, I was jolted back to the reality of life.

Isn’t he the King of Pop? Hey he thought he was Peter Pan! Whatever king you are, death doesn’t spare any man. Yeah, I guess it’s easy for me to say that. I’m turning sixteen and sometimes I also think I’ll live forever.

Honestly, I never liked Michael Jackson. I don’t know his songs. I don’t care that he’s the King of Pop. I thought he looked like a mask of a man with a plastic nose – in other words, pretty freaky. I read the newspapers about the stuff people accused him of doing. I didn’t like him. However, it really doesn’t matter what I think of him. Or what you think. Or what the world thinks.

I can’t judge Michael Jackson based on his appearance or his songs or what the papers say about him. Isn’t that what we all do? But now I realize that ultimately, only God knows a man’s heart. Only God knows what went wrong. Only God knows you and me from the inside out. He knows us even more than we know ourselves.

People say Michael Jackson’s songs and legacy will live on. Sure it will. But life still goes on. We all have our own worries and hopes. People will soon get over it and there’ll be another King of whatever-you-name-it.

Proverbs 24:12
If you say, “Surely we did not know this,” Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?

No comments:

The Visitors