Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sydney & Hillsong Conference 2009

WAHOO I’M BACK!

I don’t know where to start. There’s so much that I want to say about this 6-day trip to Sydney! I am so blessed to experience Hillsong Conference 09 and I know that none of us were there by chance. My perspective about certain matters has changed. God spoke into our hearts and there is no doubt that we were there for a purpose.

We arrived Sydney on Monday night. Our group comprised Ps. Ken, Charlene, Nicholas, Ann Jill, Jan Ng, me, Tim, Daniel, Gail, Cecil and Julie. The conference would start with a rally on Tuesday night. We had one and a half days to tour Sydney. Monday night, we went to Darling Harbour and had seafood at Jordans, facing the beautiful city skyline with the lights’ reflection on the water.

The next day, Ps. Ken took me, Ann Jill, Tim and Daniel to the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. We took countless pictures! I enjoyed myself, but one thought kept nagging at me: I REALLY WISHED DAD & MUM and JANNA & JIRENE WERE THERE TO ENJOY SYDNEY WITH ME!!! Someday, someday. =)

Every morning from Wed to Fri, we took the hour-long train from the city to the Acer Arena in Olympic Park. We woke up at 7am and stayed out the whole day till 11pm. But on two nights I had decided to go back to the hotel & have dinner on my own. Haha. I like some nice quiet time to reflect on what I learned at the conference and just withdraw from all the noise. xD

I was greatly blessed by the morning and night rallies. We would have praise & worship by the Hillsong team and throughout the 4 days we had guest speakers Jentezen Franklin, Louie Giglio, Craig Groeshel and Joel Osteen – all from USA. There was a great variety of messages and each one ministered to the people in its own unique way. We also had sessions in the day time. There were so many to choose from. I greatly benefited from the Song writing session.

On the last night, the Holy Spirit’s presence was so real. I knew that my cup was filled again.
It has been a while for many of us. I can remember just crying out, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus” over and over again. The worship team moved so well with the flow. There’s something so powerful about Jesus’ name. It stirs something up within you.

I finally understood the verse saying God is looking for worshippers who “worship Him in spirit and in truth.” It’s not about how well you sing and it’s not about the music. It’s not about you or what others think. Even when tears are streaming down your face cause’ the encounter is so real and you look like a wreck, you just don’t care anymore. It’s now between you and God. To truly connect with God, we must have the Holy Spirit. We can never connect with God in all our human-ness and with pride in our hearts. Only the Spirit of God can break us down and connect us to our God.

“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” Matthew 4:23

I learned many other wonderful things about God and His Word at this conference. I once again thank God so much for blessing me with this opportunity. I will write about them in the future. I’m looking forward to what God has in store.

For now, I shall narrate with my first half of pictures from Monday to Wednesday. Enjoy. =)


Our first night we went to Darling Harbour. Just 15 mins walk from our hotel, Hyde Park Inn. We had dinner at Jordans.

Soft-shell crab. The food wasn't great and it was super expensive unfortunately.

Tim, Ann Jill, Kathy, Daniel, Jan, and me

Darling Harbour

City skyline reflected on the water


It was beautiful.

This was our view from the balcony at Hyde Park Inn.

Charlene booked this nice place. We even had a kitchenette.

Our second day, we visited the fish market in the morning. This is a harbour with a beautiful bridge in the background.

Good, reasonable-priced seafood

Love the view. Throughout our trip, the weather was rainy & cloudy. Only on this day the blue skies were visible.

I like the bird soaring at the top.

After lunch, we went to the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Opera House.

I couldn't believe I had such an opportunity!

Ann Jill & I



Love this jump shot. :D



After all that, we went straight to the Acer Arena for our first Hillsong night rally.

Half of the arena. There were 22,000 people!

Charlene, me, Dan, Jan, Jill, and Tim

Praise & worship

Our first night speaker, Craig Groeschel.



They were giving away Hillsong's latest album, Faith + Hope + Love. Melvin managed to catch it and he gave it to me! First time I got something free like that. Haha. Anyway, that thing on the screen is on the album cover.

Hillsong had a grand opening night. It began with a green laser light. Then many, many laser lights shot across the arena. It's hard to describe. I'll post the video sometime. But it was so creative altogether. Loved it.

Opening: Suddenly out of the darkness this guy on an upright piano appeared and he played something while the screen displayed a video.

And it ended with this. It started with darkness, then the laser lights, then this cross appeared out of nowhere from the darkness. There was much in the opening. Hard to describe. Wish you saw it! Haha.

I shall continue in my next post the pictures taken from Thursday to Saturday. Man, tomorrow school starts again. I’m haven’t even caught up on my sleep since coming back! There’s so much to do from tomorrow onwards! I’ll update you guys soon. ;)

Have a great week. God bless.

No comments:

The Visitors