Friday, August 7, 2009

By the Grace of God

It is easy to forget how far I’ve come from where I used to be. I wonder, if my parents didn’t take this step, I never would experience and learn all the things that I have over these 9 months. But of course, sometimes it’s not easy to be here cause’ well, it takes quite a lot of effort to catch up with a thousand and one changes going on!

At my birthday last year, I remember praying to God and saying “Dear God, bless my 15th year with many new & exciting changes and experiences. Help me to learn many new things and meet new people. Open new doors of opportunity for me and my family. Let this be a very memorable year in my life. Amen!” Truly, He has answered me and still is. This year has been more eventful and memorable for me than I would have expected!

This year has indeed been filled with many challenges and new experiences. New country, new school, new friends, new church, new everything. Doesn’t the word “new” sound weird already? Haha. But thank goodness, God stays unchangeable! He is still guiding our family through everything. How have we made it this far? By God’s grace!

My dad reminds me that we are living only by the grace of God. It’s not like life in Australia has been smooth sailing. We still have many difficulties and challenges to overcome. I often forget that dad and mum aren’t super humans. They constantly have to worry about many things that they probably don’t tell us about. But I know one thing my mum always tells us, “Remember to pray and seek God in everything and pray for us”.

God is our provider. Money doesn’t drop from heaven, but God helps us in ways that we do not even realize. Like when I first joined the Symphony Orchestra, I was very much below the standard. How I even qualified to join is another testimony in itself! But anyway, for a few weeks, I felt hopeless cause’ the pieces were so difficult. Knowing there was no other way, I committed it to God and prayed that He would give me the musical ability to catch up & the diligence to practice till I get it right.

Sure enough, you also know that I’ve made it this far, and God has helped me play far better than when I first started! A year ago, I was a total beginner; at Blackburn High, I started out as a Grade 4 student, and by God’s grace, I had pushed pass Grade 5 (Symphony orchestra standard) and now, I’m doing Grade 6! It all happened in a year! By my own strength, it would have been impossible.

Sometimes, I have to admit, I do forget how bad I had started out. Many times I take the credit for myself and leave God out of the picture. But thankfully I have realized my stupidity. I must use every opportunity to share my testimony with everyone and give God the credit and glory!


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

It probably sounds like an over-used verse, but hey, it still comes back to me on many occasions. The same verse may mean something else in another situation because only God can reveal the secret treasures in His word to those who seek it. Amazing, isn’t it? =)

Tonight, there’s another performance going at the Melbourne Strings Festival competition. I’m performing with the Senior Strings Orchestra. Tomorrow morning, its Janna’s turn at the Quattro Strings. Then at night, I’ll be in the Symphony Orchestra. And guess what, I’m down with a terrible cold now. Pray I get well soon! Haha. Have a nice weekend! =)

No comments:

The Visitors